Sunday, February 9, 2014

WW Italian Soup

I created this recipe with a few guidelines from the Weight Watchers booklet on the Simple Start plan.  I created this soup with all Simply Filling foods and if you're doing that plan, this soup is 0 POINTS PLUS VALUE.  AWESOME!!!

MY RECIPE CREATION:

1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp garlic
1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning

Saute all together for a few minutes.

4-6 carrots, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped

Saute for about 5 minutes to spread those yummy flavors.

6 cups water
3 boullion cubes
1 can Italian stewed tomatoes (not drained - but I did cut them up a little bit more)
2 cups whole wheat noodles

Cook until noodles are done (vegetables should be done by this time as well).

OPINIONS:

Husband - likes it with a lot of noodles.
Kids - Not their favorite, but they ate it because that's what was for dinner.  I may have encouraged a dessert to follow if they ate it all (Yes, I bribe my kids with desserts some times).  I didn't expect it to become a favorite for them, but mostly made it for myself.
 Me - LOVED IT!  I made it again on another day and didn't serve it for dinner so that I could eat it as left overs for my lunches.  And, on the Simply Filling WW Plan, I can eat it all I want without feeling bad about it.  I do have to track the Saltine crackers I ate with it, but one point of crackers can go a long way with such a delicious soup.

Definitely making this again - even if it's just for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment